It’s been a while since I’ve posted. Life has been busy! My computer monitor died so I’ve had to switch over to another computer and it doesn’t have any of my photos or blog posts saved to it, so it feels like I’m starting from scratch.
Last summer I made a few pillowcase dresses for my daughter. She’s outgrown them now, so I found the perfect combination of fabric (these particular fabrics are from my late grandmother’s fabric stash) and eyelet trim to make a new dress. I used this pattern/tutorial and it’s seriously easy. Since River is a toddler, I went with an elastic neckline rather than a ribbon, as a safety measure.
Sorry the first photo is a bit yellowy, I took it indoors and can’t seem to edit the yellowness out.
There, now it’s even cuter! I opted to make it one size larger so she can wear it throughout the summer and next year, so it’s a little long now but doesn’t seem to hinder her at all. It can serve as a “patriotic” dress for the 4th of July, too. :)
Also, I think I’m a sucker for eyelet trim now. I used my entire roll on this dress, so the other pillowcase dresses I have planned will have to wait until I can pick up some more eyelet trim.
I’ve made a few more projects since Christmas (cloth diaper covers, spring wreaths, nursery curtains, etc.) so I’ll put a posts up with those soon. once I get my photos imported.