December 27, 2013

Christmas Wreaths on a Budget!

Christmas was busy! I meant to post this before Christmas – I even had it typed up and ready to go – but I forgot about it. Oops!

After Thanksgiving, I realized I needed to make two wreaths. No biggie, but it needed to be on a budget, so I removed the previous decorations off of my grapevine wreath (found at Goodwill a couple of years ago for $3) and foam wreath ($4 at Hobby Lobby. I hit up Hobby Lobby’s 50% off floral sale to buy a few new sprigs, but most of the supplies I already had on hand.

This grapevine wreath hangs on my front door. Sorry for the less-than-stellar pictures. My phone used to take great pics and now they all turn out blurry :(

This was inspired by a design I saw on Pinterest, so I can’t take all the credit. I thought the yarn wreath idea was cute and simple, so I dug out some white yarn from my stash and started wrapping! The red felt flowers were super easy to make. One square of felt, cut a spiral, wrap it into a flower shape, and pin or glue it. Since I tend to reuse my wreaths, I didn’t glue anything on to the yarn wreath – just a few pins to hold the flowers on. I hung it in my kitchen window with a wide aqua ribbon.

Easy and inexpensive wreaths for my budget. Make sure you take advantage of those craft store coupons!

1 comment:

  1. They are both gorgeous! You certainly inspired me to re-do a wreath for Christmas this year.

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


blogger template by lovebird