December 28, 2013

Christmas Stockings

This was my biggest project for Christmas crafting. I saw this pattern for retro space age Christmas stockings on Pinterest and I knew I had to make them. I started the first stocking last year but never finished, so it was my goal this time to get them done. It wasn’t an expensive or difficult project, but it was time consuming. Mine aren’t perfect, but I think the end result was worth it and the kids love them! I let the boys choose which applique they wanted for their stocking and the colors, and opted to make a girly robot for River. I wish I had better photos, but my phone camera is all I have right now – we lost the cable for our nice camera and can’t find it anywhere. : (

20131228_150611

20131228_150643

20131228_150709

And here they are on the mantel:

20131206_082813

And yes, that’s a fourth stocking that we used to announce baby #4, and no, I didn’t make that one – definitely bought it. I look forward to making another matching stocking next year. There are a couple of letters that aren’t quite straight in the names. I may redo them, but that will be next year when I start the one for baby #4. I’m just counting this as a project that was finished in time (seriously, how often does that happen?) and it came out well considering it was the first time I’d ever attempted something like this.

Big thanks to Vanessa @ Tried & True for sharing her stocking patterns and free tutorial!

4 comments:

  1. The look absolutely amazing! Love that girly robot one. Congrats on baby #4, btw! Can't wait to the UFO stocking next year. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Vanessa! Yes, I'm so glad I saved the UFO pattern - I look forward to sewing it up next year. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. They are all wonderfully made :0) You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


blogger template by lovebird