August 29, 2013

Book Review: Fortress of Mist

Fortress-of-Mist-680x1024

“The throne is redeemed, but the battle is just beginning. ”

After conquering Magnus in The Orphan King, Thomas is now on the throne. Burdened with attaining the loyalty of powerful earls and nobles, Thomas is determined to discover just who his allies are. His reign so far is full of betrayal, lies, and hidden agendas. Who can he trust?  Fortress of Mist is full of mysterious figures, secret passageways, and disguises. I have to say, one of my favorite elements of these books is the concept of science – it’s not common knowledge so to most characters in the book,  it’s considered to be magic. It makes for interesting plot twists! The ending is a sad cliffhanger, so I hope the next book continues the storyline between Katherine and Thomas and reveals more about the Druidic secrets.

4 out of 5 stars! If you like medieval mysteries, this might be one you’ll want to pick up. Be sure to start at the beginning with The Orphan King!

(I received this book from Waterbrook Multnomah via Blogging for Books. My opinion is my own.)

1 comment:

  1. I wish I enjoyed reading this genre because it sounds like a great story!

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


blogger template by lovebird