Baby Pillowcase Dresses!

I have spent much of my crafting time making pillowcase dresses for my daughter using this Fat Quarter Pillowcase Dress pattern. I assumed I could just sew up one and satisfy my curiosity, but nope…I made three! And I have fabric to make another one, though I am debating on whether I should make it to fit my daughter next year since autumn is approaching and the fabric pieces I have are red, cream, and blue. Anyway. Here are the dresses! I only made one out of fat quarters after I felt I understood the process well enough.

20130727_143825

The fabric here was pulled out of my stash from my mom and grandmother. I used stretchy ribbon for the shoulder straps. It’s light cotton and perfect as a play dress. And who doesn’t like daisies?

paris pillowcase dress

This one is a little nicer – I found the fabric at Hobby Lobby in the clearance scrap rack. The little Eiffel Towers are glittery and the photo does not do it justice. It really sparkles in person.

20130727_143755

This last one is my personal favorite. I used a glittery fat quarter bundle from Walmart and I really like how it turned out. It was the first time I’d ever done topstitching, and wow, did it make a difference! I also used my little Flutterby patch. It’s made by Babyville Boutique and I bought it in a set of six patches from Hobby Lobby.

flutterby patch

I enjoyed learning new techniques like topstiching – it definitely took the look of the dress up a notch. I still need more practice, but hey, I made wearable dresses! That’s an accomplishment! : )

3 comments:

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS