Crocheted swiffer cover

I felt adventurous and decided to make a reusable duster for my swiffer.  It just slides onto the Swiffer base and it’s reversible :)

Sorry for the yellowish pictures – it was night and I was too excited to wait for morning. Because I’m dorky like that.

swiffer cover1

The pattern calls for a stitch that makes nice ridges for trapping dirt, and it works too.

swiffer cover2

I’d never joined pieces and sides together, but it was easy to do.

swiffer3

The pattern is from Lily Sugar ‘n Cream, which also made the yarn I used for the project. You have to sign up to view and save the PDF pattern, but it’s free and they don’t bother you with pesky emails. They have tons of free patterns on their site.  And yarns. I love their stuff for utility things, like dishcloths and the swiffer cover.

That’s my latest project. I have a Christmas wreath I’m working on and tree decorations, so look for posts about those soon. : )

4 comments:

  1. That is cute! You are on a crochet frenzy :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Where is mine? LOL Neat idea. You did a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, where is mine? LOL That's a great idea and you did a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great project and so useful too! Thanks for the info about the pattern. Of course I'd love if you would make one for me...hehe. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS