Thrifted lamp makeover

I’ve always wanted to revamp a thrifted piece and call it my own, but I never find anything at my local thrift stores. Until a week or two ago.

I needed a small table lamp for my daughter’s nursery. While in Goodwill, I came across this little lavender lamp. It’s shaped like a purse, how cute is that?

IMG_9452 

(Not the greatest picture, I know. I didn’t realize it was out of focus until I uploaded the pictures. That’s what I get for only taking one before picture! And the light I had in my craft room wasn’t the greatest, oh well.)

The lamp itself was in good condition – no rips, stains, no loose parts, the cord was intact, etc. The biggest problem was the ugly, discolored piece of fringe-like trim wrapped around the top, but I had an idea, so I removed the trim.

Found this trim and ribbon at Hobby Lobby.

 IMG_9454 

Whipped out my glue gun and glued the ribbon to the trim.

IMG_9455

Hot-glued the trim to the upper edge of the lamp.

IMG_9458

Voila!

IMG_9456

An easy transformation for about $6 (including the lamp), and I’m really happy with it. I think it came out well.

I’ve been working on a few other crafts as well – I’m hoping to get them finished or mostly finished before baby girl arrives! :)

 

KitchenFunI Heart Nap Time     Sew Chatty

2 comments:

  1. Ok. This came out better than I imagined! I really like this project, and I am pinning it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an adorable make-over Taylor! The ribbon you put on top of the trim is perfect! <3 <3 <3 it!

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS