Crochet crochet

I started learning to crochet last month. It’s a slow process, but I’m sticking it out. :)

I chose to make a simple dishcloth to start with. How’d it go? Well….let’s just say it didn’t exactly turn out like a rectangle…more like a curved, distorted echo of a rectangle, lol! But it’s a great dishcloth. I decided to try again, and paid more attention to keeping the rectangular shape. It’s not perfect, but trust me, it looks WAY better than the first one! The edges are a bit wonky, so I need to work on that.

IMG_9303

There are so many cool crochet projects out there, especially on Pinterest. I just have to work my way up to the more involved projects. Trying something new like this is challenging, but definitely worth the reward of the finished project.

5 comments:

  1. Great job, Taylor! It takes a while to realize you don't need to keep pulling the yarn so hard. ;) I still struggle with that. I'm learning new things in crochet too right now -- just made my first pair of slippers! I'm working on learning pichot right now for a book mark. Keep going! You'll be a pro before you know it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to learn how to crochet. Did you teach yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate - thanks! I definitely have to tell myself (sometimes out loud) to stop pulling the yarn so hard. I need to beat it into my brain, lol.

    Carrie - my aunt helped me get started. She's a craft guru, so I asked to her to show me what supplies I needed. I have a how-to booklet, but it definitely helped watching her crochet and explain the stitches to me. I only know how to doa signle and double crochet, so my knowledge is still very limited. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darn typos, I meant "single" crochet. It's still early in the morning for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love crocheting, but can only do rectangular shaped items. I want to learn how to make granny squares and have tried numerous times. You have encouraged me to try again! Dorothy

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS