Baby Girl Peasant Dress

Pinterest is awesome. But we knew that already. I can’t tell you how many times I pin projects and craft ideas only to never make them, but this time was different! I found this free sewing pattern for a baby peasant dress and I knew I HAD to make it. I printed the pattern out from my home printer, and I was good to go!

It’s a size 0-3 months. This little dress is a great staple piece for a baby’s girl closet. Just change up the fabric for the season, pair with tights or leggings, and you’re good to go! Since my baby girl is due at the end of this summer, I used seersucker fabric.

It was so easy to make…I’ve never made clothing apart from maxi skirts, so attaching sleeves was entirely new to me. I’d never worked with seersucker before either, so this pattern (in my opinion) is excellent for a beginner!

baby dress 1

Close up of the fabric:

baby dress closeup

Isn’t it sweet? I can see myself making quite a few of these in the future. :)

What are your favorite beginner sewing projects?

 

Linking up to:

sew darn crafty      logo_Sundae2   sew_chatty_button

5 comments:

  1. Love your blog, thanks for sharing!
    www.blissfulsewing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word I love this! I started sewing with seer sucker recently as well I have used it for shorts for my little boy but never would have thought to use it for a dress. Great idea and so light and breathable I am sure. I think I am going to have to make one for my little girl. And I could make matching dress (for little girl) and shorts (for little boy). Beautiful blog design by the way.
    shaffer-sisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taylor, this is gorgeous!!! I love little peasant dresses! I need to pin this pattern for future use. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! It really is a great pattern, definitely save it!

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS