Craft therapy

A friend of mine said crafting is therapeutic, and I wholeheartedly agree.

Project Diaper is ongoing, and I made a couple of all-in-one diapers with hook and loop (velcro/aplix) closures. I hadn’t tested them at that point, but I have used both diapers several times since then so I wanted to post an update. They’re functional, absorbent, and fit my toddler fairly well. All-in-ones generally take a little longer to dry, but it’s not too bad. Oh, and cute too :)

My main issue is the hook and loop, for two reasons. First, my 18 month old can remove it. He thinks it’s pretty cool, mommy does not, for obvious reasons. Secondly, the hook & loop catches the lint in the wash, and while I could make laundry tabs to help avoid that, the fact that my toddler can still undo the tabs keeps me from pursuing hook and loop as my choice of closure.

So I have chosen snaps, and I LOVE them! I’m using Babyville Boutique supplies, and so far so good! It’s all at my local Hobby Lobby too, and with a 40% off coupon, it’s affordable.

Here is the newborn AIO diaper I made today, with snaps:

IMG_9263

Cute, yes? I am a total snap convert. They were a piece of cake to use, and have a nice sturdy feel. I hope to make a few diaper covers for the prefolds we already have – it’ll be a great boost to our stash.

Linking up to:

sew_chatty_button      cloth diaper blogs       

4 comments:

  1. Good idea on the snaps! That's a cute diaper fabric too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's adorable! I'm a huge cloth diapering advocate and I love to see people sew their own!I would love for you to link this up to "I Made This" at Grits & Giggles! http://www.gritsandgiggles.blogspot.com/2012/05/i-made-this-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by Jenilyn!I linked up :)

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS