April 27, 2012

DIY Boho Sling Bag

I have been having WAY too much fun with my sewing machine. For my first project, I decided to make a boho style sling bag. I love that it’s roomy enough for all of my things *and* a diaper or two for the little one. I don’t always need to carry around a diaper bag and a purse, so this was the perfect solution!

I found the complete tutorial here at The Destashification Project via Pinterest. Overall, I’d say this project was easy. I learned a couple of new techniques, like clipping corners, and the base of the bag was probably the most time consuming part. It turned out great for my first project.

Without further ado, my new boho bag!

boho sling bag

Inside pockets – one for my phone, one for pens, and one for miscellaneous items like chapstick.

boho sling bag 4

Close-up of the outside fabric:

boho sling bag2

The lining:

boho sling bag3


I love the fabric. I found it on sale at Hobby Lobby, and paid less than $5 for everything! Wootz!

My mom liked my purse so much, she asked me to make two for her! And as a surprise, she bought me enough fabric to make another one for myself! She’s pretty awesome. Looks like I’m going to be busy in my craft room :)

Linking up to Sew Chatty’s Made With Love Linkup and Sew Many Ways.

 

    Sew Chatty          

 

3 comments:

  1. Love your new bag! The fabric is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...I am happy you are having 'sew' much fun with your new machine ;0) I will have to post pictures of my bags when you are finished.
    ♥u

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice bag. I am glad the tutorial helped with a few new techniques. Clipping corners is a must for a rounded seam!

    I hope you (and your mom) get a lot of use from your bags!

    Enjoy that new sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


blogger template by lovebird