DIY jute vase

Alrighty, this is by far one of the EASIEST projects I’ve ever done. So easy, in fact, that I made it earlier this morning while my six month old played on his quilt. How’s that for multi-tasking? :)

Anyway. My supplies were super complicated. Observe:

IMG_8489

Recycled canister, jute twine, and a glue gun. Unfortunately, my trusty glue gun failed me here. For some reason, it didn’t adhere properly with the jute, so I had to use Fabri-tac.

That’s this stuff right here:

IMG_8497

Make a mental note while we’re at this point…when you store the Fabri-tac, make sure the cap is screwed on tightly and try to keep the bottle from tipping over. Otherwise, you may end up with this funky creation in your glue drawer:

IMG_8496

Yeah, oops. Kind of cool though. Anyway.

Simply put a dot or a line of Fabri-tac at the base of the canister, and attach the end of the jute twine to the base. You don’t have to hold it down very much, as the glue dries very quickly. Then wrap, and wrap, and wrap, gluing periodically, until you have something like this:

IMG_8498

Voila! A flower vase, or pen/pencils cup…it can be whatever you want it to be. I think it’d look awesome with a bouquet of white daisies, but since I don’t have any right now, I opted to display my wedding bouquet. :)

IMG_8500

3 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!! Your Mimi would be SO proud of you, sweetie! It's beautiful :0) ♥♥♥you, babygirl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks great and easy enough for me to do!

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS